2007-04-15

Nice Weather For Lizards

or Here Comes The Sun Hing

Not so long ago, I was getting strategic with the timer on my swanky underfloor heating system because the days were too cold to leave it to chance. March brought slight respite from the rain and wind but you still wouldn't have set your watch by it. Then, suddenly, yesterday was balls-out hot. I literally undressed at one point and let the breeze blow across me before it escaped upstairs and out of the skylight.



Contrast this with Thursday, when I left the window open overnight and woke up with a headache... or Friday, when I left the towel rail on in the bathroom to dry laundry (but the door was closed, creating a 'hot box' beneath the bedroom) and I sweated all night. Do I need mothering or what?

Yesterday was great weather for an F.A. Cup semi-final though the vibe in my house was less about Watford beating Manchester and more about either side winning quickly, or else! When the crisis was averted, I celebrated with duck chow mein from Sun Hing on Stapleton Road. On a day so hot, the last thing I'd do at home is switch on an oven.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And also because mother of all that is good and holy, that place's food is the best in all the world!

15:38  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

I doubt I shall ever eat there :(

Hot weather, though, I can relate to. It's been friggin' HOT here too where I am but we still have a ton of snow, yet.

21:33  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

The sports fan (ok, the Liverpool fan) in me would've loved for Watford to have made it to extra time. But no, the 50 million pound gap in revenue told, and spudface Rooney boy did his stuff. A Manchester - Chelski final. Who cares?

Not you, Ford, anyway...

23:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or me, Rick. Although I do agree with you about 'spudface'. Seldom have I wanted to punch a face as much as his, I dare say.

06:44  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Hooligan/Alice/Strange Pills/whoever you are: Their satay could use some work but their curry is GOOD.

Mod: If it's on a Saturday before the end of the series then I care! :)

11:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooligan/Alice/Strange Pills/whoever you are.

All of the above, dear. Oh, and I have a real name too. But you're not allowed to know that.

11:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home