2005-04-30

In Related News

Time for a couple of follow-ups to previous posts. Now I'm really blogging!

Thursday's "work thing" seems to be well on the way to being sorted out. I chatted back and forth with my line manager on Friday and he reassured me greatly. I've offered to explain to the department the reason why I've had so much time off lately but he doesn't think that's gonna be necessary. As long as he knows the details and is satisfied then I probably shouldn't worry as much.

Coincidentally (or not - it doesn't really matter), I had some unexpected visitors yesterday. There are a lot of empty offices where mine is, in "the West Wing" of the floor. It can be like death warmed up down there sometimes so I always appreciate face time with real live human beings and Friday's drop-bys couldn't have been better timed or more welcome.



Today is the actual one-year, 52-week, 365-day anniversary of my coming to America. It's also my father's 74th birthday. Happy birthday, Brian!

The armchair detectives among you will note that I left the U.K. on my dad's birthday last year. I find family so hard to buy for. In truth, I didn't know what else to give him.

Here's to Evan, Kyle, Joe and Kieran who picked me up at the airport about this time a year ago, and I've been leeching off them ever since.

4 Comments:

Blogger DrHeimlich said...

Happy one year anniversary!

20:04  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Spoken like a true VA survivor! I hope I'll be as fortunate.

21:26  
Blogger Shocho said...

Congrats! Now we know who to blame for bringing you from the airport. And that's the South Wing, Mr. President.

19:02  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Really? I used to call it the South Wing until someone (someone less wise than you) corrected me. Are you sure?

19:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home