2007-05-03

Internal Chronometer

Good morning, campers. I have an hour to decide if I want to go to Dublin today. Boss Man and I were supposed to go last Thursday but somebody booked the flights for the wrong week. So it's pre-paid and everything. Now I know why airlines over-book.

I've been in bed before midnight twice lately. I slept so much on the weekend that I couldn't sleep overnight on Sunday. I read, gamed, had a nap at 0700 and went to work as normal. I prefer to sleep when I'm tired and eat when I'm hungry (instead of at some pre-approved bed or meal time). It's easy when you're single.

19 times out of 20 in the course of a day I can guess the time to within five minutes. It was freakish at first, never being wrong, but when you're surrounded by clocks like I am it probably just means I'm attentive. The day I glanced at the bottom corner of a book to tell the time was the day I knew I was spending too much time online.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

You better be in Dublin right now! Even if it's work...

11:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to eat when I'm hungry and sleep when I'm sleepy too. It's just that my life was so routine for a while that I'm programed to get sleepy around 10pm, and I get hungry at the usual times as well. It's convenient :)

I look at clocks all the time to see what time it is; then I look away and forget what it said. It's just a habit to look I guess.

12:01  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Unfortunately they had other work for me to do here :(

I must have had a lucky streak because I was lousy at telling the time yesterday. 19 times out of 20, indeed! Let's just say I'm good and leave it at that :)

08:50  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

You ever try to click in something underlined in bold in a book? Bloody maddening. I almost threw my mouse at the wall because I couldn't right-click it and open the link in a new window.

17:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home