2005-09-09

Digital Housekeeping

I have 167.5 hours left in the country. I'm taking suggestions of how best to use that time, and also for a new blog byline. "Research notes from an alien in America" isn't going to cut the mustard for much longer.

I just realized all my blog images are on my personal webspace and will disappear when I finish with this I.S.P. I'm looking at Gigashare and other free image hosters. Anyone use Flickr and have issues with it? While I can, here are a couple of amusing images: I was sent the first in the aftermath of the London Underground bombings, and the second relates to Hurricane Katrina... or does it? Survival humour at its finest.

Who are the Digital Freedom Alliance? Several recent movie downloads have borne their logo at the start. They clearly have a pro-piracy objective but I can't find a website for them.



Update 2005-09-10 12.28pm EST: I've added Babel Fish to my sidebar so you can get the lyrics from the previous post in the "original" Italian, should you wish. (Flag #6, numb-nutses.) Il vostro girlfriend รจ un tostapane!

4 Comments:

Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Is this the guy from FEMA?

22:53  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Spam will ALWAYS be deleted A.S.A.P, so don't dignify it with a response. And if you found what he said more comment-worthy than everything in my post, I think I need to throw in the towel!

23:11  
Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

Use Flickr, no issues. The interface can be confusing, and it is a yearly subscription site if you want to handle any decent volume. Probably better options for small amount of low quality images (i.e. cant you just upload them to blogger now?)

And you can turn on Word Validation (you know, where you repeat the drunken looking letters in the graphic) in your Blogger comment preferences to avoid the automated spam posts. Tis worth it, cause the Spam Spiders seem to be crawling faster these days...

14:21  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Forgot I could just use Blogger. Oops!

I agree about the spam spiders... it's almost as if they turned something else off when they turned word verification on. I'm still resisting, cos it takes me two keystrokes to delete spam and you lot 7 or 8 every time you wanna leave a comment using verification. Aren't I nice?

21:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home