2005-08-30

Ticket To Linksville

Time for another bout of link whoring with no personal content whatsoever.

Here's the latest Iraqi Constitution, as translated by the Associated Press. I'm impressed with how Legaleze it's not. Taking their lead from the U.S.A, church and state are intertwined from the first bloody sentence of the "preamble". This is not a good thing. Just because everyone in the room today happens to like sushi, you don't include a sushi clause for your citizens to follow for all time... Hey ho. I'm glad it's not my job to please everyone with a single document (though I do know how to use paragraph breaks).



If, like me, you have no-one to shake your thang with right now, the solution has arrived: automated Rock Paper Scissors! (Shake it three times and hold it.) Would you believe there's an official World R.P.S. Society, with championships?

The winners of the 2005 Hugo Awards have been announced. I'm recommending these titles to myself and anyone else who wants to see what science fiction is really about, i.e. not just tits and explosions.

Talking of boobies - such a rarity around here - take a look at what your Lego pieces get up to when you're not watching. There are six pages (just change the number in the URL) but I've linked the funniest. To paraphrase a comment from that site, if you think this is Not Safe For Work you should probably stop wasting your company's time and do your job instead!

The Scotch 3M people have a lot of faith in their security glass.

Finally, what happens when an octopus and a shark face off? If you're done playing R.P.S. then this most eternal of life's mysteries can now be answered. Rest assured, I'm a sensitive child myself: the clip is bloodless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home