2006-03-17

New Killer Car

Seven in the morning is a hell of time to get up when you don't have to but it was worth it to sign for my new car yesterday. Thanks to everyone who gave input last November when I couldn't decide what to order. Ultimately, I chose a Ford Focus almost identical to my then rental car because I knew how pissed off I'd be if I didn't get all the same features.

There were only nine miles on the clock when I took the keys. The paintwork is "sea grey" and the tyres are still black. The delivery man put paper in the footwell so he didn't mess up the carpet. This car left the factory about a week ago.



Tired of being a three-car family we drove to the local Avis outlet to drop off my current rental. In a characteristic show of generosity I offered my father the chance to drive my new baby around the block. He started it in gear and it leapt forward a foot, just short of the next parked car. Then he clipped a kerb corner. I winced the entire ride but we made it back in one piece. Last night I drove to see singer Alice Russell and my passenger opened her door into a high kerb. God damn you people.

And Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks pretty sharp! How come Ford Focuses there look so much better than the ones here? Is it simple the license plate that makes it look so spiffy?

19:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kerb? Wow, another difference in spelling...yes, still up to my geeky spelling ways.

02:24  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Yep! But we spell curb (as in CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM) the same.

14:18  
Blogger C said...

Oooh! Shiny thing!

I could totally smell the New Car Smell with that footwell picture. :o)

Had to cackle maniacally about your dad and passenger. OUCH!!

04:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home