2006-02-26

Midweek Musings

Some thoughts I had on Wednesday but Blogger bitched out on me:

I must remember that Holly at Toni & Guy isn't Greek because she just gave me exactly what I wanted for a haircut so I'm going back and it would be embarrassing to ask her that twice.

It's funny to see the word "taint" used for its sexual meaning in a B.B.C. news article.

SatNav knows more than we do but using it makes us dumber, not smarter.

I'm excited about the Venom storyline in Spider-Man 3. Ol' Webhead is wearing black and Topher Grace is cast as the dark Peter Parker. Genius!

How do you tell if someone likes you when you have work ties? Her company provides a service to mine but it's not me that has the direct relationship with them and the person who does is encouraging me...

I've known the German word for "Wednesday" for 18 years but I've only just realised the connection between Mittwoch and "midweek".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the person who's encouraging you to do a little investigative work on the girl from the other company. Nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, I think he's interested. What do you think?" Or is there?

I love making word connections like that Wednesday thing. I'm such a dork.

20:20  
Blogger C said...

Well, you could ask her to service you. (D'oh! Did I say that out loud?) Um, I have no clue. You could try to be present with the person who does interface with her company next time they have contact so you could talk to her. Would that be too obvious? Would she care if it was? (Nope, not if she likes you. She'd love it.)

I don't understand the "dark Peter Parker" thing. Is he gonna do a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or something? Obviously I don't read the comics.

LOL about the Spreading Taint. Do you suppose the reporter understood the significance of the name??

22:18  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Our companies have a meeting next week... I'll read the signals then before deciding my next move. Thanks, girls!

Candace: I forget not everyone's a nerd like me! In the comics, Spidey got a new costume that would appear on his skin when he needed it. It turned out to be a symbiotic alien life form and, when they finally separated Petey from it, it latched onto another reporter who already hated him (the Topher Grace character) and became a vicious spidery villain called Venom.

The big mystery is how they'll work it in to the movies when Movie Spider-Man hasn't been on an outer space adventure to get the black suit. Something with Jonah's son, the astronaut?

18:50  
Blogger C said...

Ahhh! When I IMDb'd it to try to figure it out, that didn't help because they didn't give the character name for Topher Grace. I understand now!

Hmmm - maybe they'll have it be some feature of his spideypoison evolving him. Though that wouldn't account for it being a separate lifeform. You might be on to something with the astronaut's son.

20:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home