2007-01-11

Bruxism

The doctor gave me some medicine and it's working damned well but one of the side effects is bruxism. (Another side effect is learning new words.)

I was grinding my teeth and not even realizing when I read that. I must have been grinding in my sleep too because, when I looked in the mirror this morning, my tongue was dented around the edges like a 20-sided coin. As side effects go, it's hardly debilitating. But I don't want strangers to think I'm on amphetamines.

In my early thirties my bathroom cabinet contains paracetamol, vitamin C, St. John's Wort, ginkgo biloba and citalopram. I rattle when I run! Last week I almost wrote about the thing in my left nostril that wouldn't come out. But I decided it was gross and no-one would want to read about it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I decided it was gross and no-one would want to read about it.

You must have a much more sophisticated readership than I do. So far, I think my "TMI Tuesdays" have been a success.

"Even the Mona Lisa's falling apart."

12:59  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I saw your TMI Tuesday and thought about stealing it! What's that quote? I don't recognize it.

I adore your new hair BTW. I'm besotted all over again!

14:24  
Blogger Brad said...

How could you not recognize the Fight Club quote?

Um ... did the thing in your left nostril that wouldn't come out come out? Or is it still there?

17:58  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I never read Fight Club. I liked the film but I'd just seen The Sixth Sense and I thought the twists were too similar. I recently had a conversation with someone who cheered 9/11 for its similarity to the anti-capitalist terrorism at the end of this movie. (They quickly changed their mind when they heard the buildings were occupied.)

First I thought I'd inhaled something in my sleep but I think my sinuses were just blocked... or I had an out-of-reach bogey [booger]. Fascinating stuff!!

11:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that line is not in the novel Fight Club, but it occurs when Edward Norton spits out a tooth into the sink.

Thanks for the besotting....I think.

Steal TMI Tuesday by all means! I'll have a new one this week!

21:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home