2007-05-07

S3E06: The Lazarus Experiment

Dig the "fun undies", Martha. An auspicious opening if ever there was!

I blame the parents. If Richard Lazarus were born of, say, Mr. and Mrs. Moses instead then might he have been less obsessed with building a dangerous rejuvenation machine and more into, say, mounting climbing?

Dig the tattoo, Martha. She looks stunning tonight. His pulse must be up too because He ain't pining for Rose any more.

The final taboo on television: young men smooching old women. Tish looks up for a bit of trans-generational action too. I can't watch.

There's a Pertwee-ness about this adventure (and plenty of The Fly, of course) but I'm getting a Davison vibe too, particularly off Mark Gatiss. He's older than me - too old for Davison to be his childhood Doctor - but his is an informed performance. He's written two of the better balanced scripts for the new series and he's pitching this villain just so. Bravo, sir!

I wasn't watching the clock so I thought it was really wrapping up when there was an off-screen crash and another ten minutes of fun to go!

"We need to turn this up to eleven."
He hung out with Beethoven. Everybody drink schnapps.

Well, that was a rollicking ride. You can keep your Face Of Boe intrigue-by-sledge-hammer: mysterious men whispering lies (reminiscent of Our Ten in The Christmas Invasion) is more my cup of tea. Mr. Saxon is finally "in play" and didn't he look psychotic in that trailer? Was he tapping out the theme tune on the table there? The post-modern nerve of him. I know they put the best bits in trailers but I think we're in for some blinders. "Ruuuun!"

The Eurovision Song Contest's next week so geek off until the 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home