2005-07-27

Hot Hot Heat

A week ago we were bitching about the heat. It hasn't taken the hint.

It's 100° Fahrenheit right now and feeling like 112. Those extra 12 degrees aren't just drama: the Heat Index takes into account that I live in a freakazoid humidity zone. It tells me that if I lived somewhere normal, it would have to be 112° to feel this hot. Tonight, we'll reach a low of 79-only-feeling-like-85° around 05:00 EST.

Before I lived here, I thought air conditioning was something primadonnas and hypochondriacs complained about in the movies. But I didn't believe you could fry an egg on the hood/bonnet of your car in summer, either. Why would anyone want to settle in these conditions? I can't think straight. Another 339° and my books are toast!

8 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

Oh my God, major LOL on the book comment. I loved that. Glad I wasn't drinking something.

23:12  
Blogger Brad said...

I don't know if you would be frying that egg or boiling it - HUMID!

23:33  
Blogger Tom said...

You're right! Fuck it! I'M GETTING OUT!

(Ok, before CK points it out, where I'm going has just about exactly the same weather as here.)

02:19  
Blogger DrHeimlich said...

I second the priase for the books joke.

I know you're not supposed to blog about the weather where you live, but DAMN. This truly deserves it.

02:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once, I can't say, "You think it's hot there? Try coming down to Florida," because although it's been in the mid to upper 90s and terribly humid, that's just par for the course. Sorry you have to sweat it out.

I don't know how they did it way back when before a/c. Not acceptable.

11:05  
Blogger Shocho said...

I believe that the weather here is better than the weather in St. Louis. Less humidity and more breezes in the summer time. Except for this year, of course. And the winters here are FAR superior. Not to mention the fact that the air quality is significantly better here too.

However, in all other comparisons, St. Louis is better than Hampton Tidewater Roads.

11:21  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

And people wonder why Dubya doesn't sign the Kyoto protocol...

In England, of course, it's been raining a lot. I went to work in sandals, and came home looking foolish.

17:08  
Blogger erika said...

but there's no ocean in st. louis! or chesapeake bay!! or d'egg meatloaf!!

14:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home