2005-07-16

Entropy Increases

It's as if there's a law of thermodynamics that kicks in every time I fix a broken thing. Earlier in the summer I had ants. The bath wouldn't drain. This week I had plumbing issues. Now a light bulb just burned out. I know it's only a light bulb but my replacing it will simply be a cue for something else - something potentially more expensive - to go wrong.

I think the jazz festival in Town Point Park has been rained off. (It thundered as I wrote that.) If the weather perks up, I'll go there and sup watery beer in the summer sun. If not, I'll be writing "fan fic". A friend of mine inspired me by having some short stories published and, whether anyone wants to publish me or not, I'm enjoying the opportunity to be creative outside of the Blogosphere.

Tenuous SF segue: Neil Gaiman spoke recently at the 2005 Nebula Awards, and it's available in The Sandman-style art form at Bookslut.com. Fun stuff if you're a fan of his stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

That comic book version of a speech was, well, weird. I had read that speech before, and I thought it was lovely.

11:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not leave the light bulb so no more stuff will break?

17:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home