2005-07-22

Top Five James Bonds

1. Sean Connery
Pussy Galore: "My name is Pussy Galore."
Bond: "I must be dreaming."

2. Pierce Brosnan
Christmas Jones: "I've got to get [the six kilos of weapons-grade plutonium] back or someone's gonna have my ass."
Bond: "First things first..."

3. Bob Simmons
Stunt co-ordinator on many of the films and the guy in the "gun barrel opening" for the first three, before they re-shot it with Sean Connery. Ah, the lengths to which I'll go to keep douchebags like Roger Moore off the list!



4. Bob Holness
"I'll have a 'P' please, Bob."
The presenter of the British version of Blockbusters was an actor in his younger days and played 007 on South African radio in 1956.

5. Timothy Dalton
It was good for Bond to get serious again but, like Brosnan, his first movie was utter tosh and protracted legal wrangling over the rights to the franchise pre-empted his third.

I will give Roger Moore his props for Cannonball Run, in which he plays a deluded character who thinks he's both James Bond and the actor Roger Moore at the same time. Did you know that - if you treat the member countries of the United Kingdom as separate - the five actors to play Bond in the official movie series have all been a different nationality? I was surprised. Were you surprised? I was surprised.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael J. Hercus said...

No one will ever beat out Sean Connery - ever.

02:13  
Blogger Major Rakal said...

I agree. Sean Connery = James Bond. Those other whippersnappers are just pretenders to the throne.

19:25  
Blogger Shocho said...

#1 = Woody Allen. My God, what an oversight.

11:48  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I'm normally a big Woody fan but I didn't like him. Or, I was bored with the film (it's not very good)by the time he showed up. Here's hoping next year's "remake" is a little more serious!

15:47  
Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

I am sad that you Aussie George Lazenby (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) didn't rank, especially since his was one of the most personal (Bond gets married in second last scene) and sombre (wife gets killed in final scene) Bond movies.

Apparently the crew quite disliked him.

Interesting to note in IMDB that he now does a little voice over work, including Yu Yu Hakusho.

My favourite quote re: Connery -v- Moore. "Roger hated to hit women in the films, Sean enjoyed it."

17:54  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Aussie: I confess he's not on there because I haven't seen it. I'll take your recommendation and Diana Rigg as Mrs. Bond and Netflix it ASAP.

21:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home