2005-07-14

San Diego Comic Con International

I hope I didn't excite you there with the promise of exotic tales. I can't afford to go to San Diego. I finally paid my July rent and I woulda stretched my budget if I coulda got the people I'm most interested in working for to say they would meet with me. But they didn't reply. Hearing of anyone in "the industry" hiring lately is rare (so double-plus-good on you, Mark).

Like Dragon Con last summer, I would have gone to Comic Con for the costumed goth chicks and stayed for the networking. The fact that a series of convention events are on at the same time is usually immaterial, but it is useful for meeing "my type" of person - people who aren't ashamed of their innate nerdiness or restricted by it socially.

If the guests aren't uber-famous, they barely register with me either. So only Joss whedon, Ray Bradbury, Jim Lee and Alex Ross this year! And get a load of this print that Mr. Ross is selling at the show... I wonder where he stands politically?

To the handful of friends that will be there: have fun, don't forget Saturday's Fark Party in the Gaslamp district, and bring me back a petite goth girl with red or blue dyed hair please.

5 Comments:

Blogger DrHeimlich said...

What an awesome print that is!! Go Alex Ross!!

00:37  
Blogger TheGirard said...

oh...the rose tatoo

somehow if there was a definition for a sluttoo that's what it should have been

14:17  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Hey Girard, what was the Rose tattoo? Let us know!

14:38  
Blogger TheGirard said...

You need to get that info from Kyle. with good fortune, he'll get to relive that experience this weekend.

20:59  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

[Makes chicken noise at Girard.]

23:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home