2005-07-12

Ticket To Hell

When I wake up in front of St. Peter on that fateful day, I'm pretty sure he's going to point out the "management reserves the right to refuse entry" clause on my ticket stub and cite one of the following links as the reason. They're so bad, they're good. Enjoy them, if you can, while I cast out the devil within me.

Is anyone still not yet over Star Wars? The Darth Side is Vader's blog leading up to the last movie release. Don't worry. They get worse.

Terry Schiavo's blog shares her inner thoughts on her recent comeback as a celebrity and, miraculously, her thoughts from beyond death too. "I figured I might as well let you know I'm done with this blog. Last night I stubbed my toe which I'm pretty sure is a sign that God is trying to punish me."

Let's turn it up a notch: new uses for a Playstation 2 controller.

If you're still reading, thank you for not flaming me already. If you are gonna flame me, you might wanna hold on and leave some room for this next one. It's The Legend Of The Blood Ninja! Imagine "crank calling" in the chat pane of M.M.O.R.P.G. World Of Warcraft. These are allegedly real transcripts of one guy getting people to consent to have cyber sex with him, then saying really dumb stuff. The same part of my brain that laughs at Jackass found this hilarious. But I'm still going to luncheon with Be'elzebub.



Finally, a challenge: I'm looking for a recent article by satirist Chris Morris from The Guardian where he says Al Qaeda are having "difficult second album syndrome", referring to the Madrid and London attacks as less dynamic follow-ups to New York. It's not linked at the paper's website, for reasons of taste. Marcus Points to every sinner who finds it!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Damn! I missed that. But it sounds just like him. Weirdly cookdandbombd.co.uk is down, they'd have had a reference to it.
You've made me dig out a spoof "one year on from 9/11" supplement that he and Armando Ianucci did for the Observer. Random quote from their timeline for the year...

"Blair announces support for the US intention to bomb during Ramadan but confirms that out of respect for Islam, all food parcels dropped during this period will be empty"

There are no sacred cows, it seems. If you can laugh at the Producers then you're complicit in Chris Morris' world.

00:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,6903,668664,00.html

The BBC security memo is the best bit imo.

01:19  
Blogger Shocho said...

Sigh. That Vader guy gets 842 comments on his posts. I couldn't even finish it, I'm so over The Adventures of Luke Starkiller.

The WoW stuff is cute, but why argue with an annoying player when you can just type /ignore?

Al Qaeda with a "sophomore jinx"? That's hilarious! :)

Dude, this is four days of posts at least! I hope you have more for tomorrow. :)

11:30  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Took a catnap yesterday and woke at 11pm. What use is that, I ask you?! More fun links are on their way today tho.

Ta for the link, TG. An especially good find after I incorrectly described it as a recent article. Points for you!

12:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home