2006-04-13

Chumley Huffington Says Hi

I work with a couple of anime properties and was just researching one online. I came across a list of the original Japanese characters' names paired with their counterparts in the American dubbed version. 'Cheesy' is not the word. Nash Bridges has nothing on these guys:

Katsuya Jonouchi (Joey Wheeler)
Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
Insector Haga (Weevil Underwood)
Hayato Maeda (Chumley Huffington)



Dinosaur Ryuzaki (Rex Raptor)
Ryuji Otogi (Duke Devlin)
Asuka Tenjouin (Alexis Rhodes)
Ryo Marufuji (Zane Truesdale)
The Seven-Star Assassins (The Shadow Riders)

Presumably the Shadow Riders represent an objection to assassins on children's television in America, whereas it's acceptable in Japan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Faltenin said...

Hmmm - if I say I recognize Yu-Gi-Oh GX, my reputation is going to be dead...

So I'll stay mute :)

09:12  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Both our reputations will be in the mud. Don't say anything!

08:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about HNT today!

13:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home