2006-04-21

Top Five Reasons Why I Didn't Write For A Week

5. Sometimes it feels like work so I don't do it. It'll still be here tomorrow.

4. I made an effort to keep in better touch with distant friends. It may turn out to be my quarterly token effort but it feels good to get e-mails from people you didn't hear from in months and it feels even better to visit them.

3. Doctor Who is back for a second series and it took me days to decide that the first episode was fun but little else. Tomorrow, Queen Victoria gets mixed up with werewolves and kung-fu monks. Now that's more like it!

2. Edie Kate was born to two wonderful people that I've known since high school. She's 7lb 4oz and healthy.

1. I've been looking for somewhere new to live. I'm still looking.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Living with the old man for ages on end isn't in your plans?

21:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Marcus. We missed you!

Regarding the distant friends bit--I once sent Christmas cards to my entire extended family that I haven't seen in 10+ years, and it was really nice to hear back from them too and to find out that they remembered who I was!

13:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M, I'm continuing to miss your presence in the blog world! Good on you for having better things to do with your time, but I'm suffering without your comments!

00:40  
Blogger Brad said...

I can't wait til next week to see what your five reasons for not blogging are.

01:44  
Blogger C said...

I still need to see the new Dr. Who. We have a children's Golden Book of "The Night Before Christmas" and I swear the illustrator was a Dr. Who fan cuz there's a fuzzy guy in a painting over the hearth with a multicoloured scarf and what really, truly appear to be question marks on the tips of his shirt collar.

Aw, babies are nice. :-)

Hope you find a great new crib. Heh heh. I will torment you with bad puns as punishment for not blogging more.

03:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top 5 reasons Marcus weaseled out of HNT this week:

5. Received so many emails from previous HNTs, is still sifting through his inbox.
4. Boss at work became suspicious of unknown pervert taking snapshots in the bathroom.
3. Not due for a chest/back-waxing for another week.
2. Still working on that handlebar mustache.
1. A horrible sunless-tanning incident, leaving him resembling a squash.

19:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home