2006-05-07

Lazy Sunday Roast Monkey

It rained on and off all day today so I stayed indoors. I downloaded the last episode of Battelstar Galactica where they change several basic premises of the series in the space of an hour, listened to the ever increasing amusement that is the weekly Ronald D. Moore podcast, drank whisky, ate Chinese, watched Audrey's interrogation on 24, made plans with my mother and talked crap with my father as he worked on his hobby... all without feeling guilty about not going out and catching rays, for there were no rays to be caught.

I instant message-d with my favourite internet friend of the moment and she told me last week's White House press dinner didn't get much coverage Stateside, unlike this side of the pond and all over the internet. I will never forget seeing the headline Incredibles D.V.D. Releases Tomorrow when I lived in America. That's news?! And this isn't? There now follows a short public service announcement in a vain attempt to redress the balance by some fraction of a minute of a degree:



Evil fuck that he is, I have to give Dubya miniscule props for laughing at himself in the above clip. Have I Got News For You this week had a caption competition using a still of the President and Steven Bridges (his impersonator). The winning slogan? "Blair Make-Over Now Complete".

Bush wasn't laughing later when The Daily Show's Stephen Colbert told him to ignore his low approval ratings because they were based on reality and reality "has a well-known liberal bias". Now that's what I call a roasting. Click around YouTube.com to find footage from a camera trained on the motherfucker as he squirms with discomfort throughout Colbert's routine. Schadenfreude's best when a warmongerer is the only one suffering.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph!

my favourite internet friend of the moment

Thanks for qualifying that.

And a serious thanks for sending me those links. It's possible I just missed the news report that talked about this, but it's also possible that I didn't see it because I live in the President's Governor-brother's state. But surely that has nothing to do with it; I'm positive the former explanation is true.

22:52  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Good pic of your dad there. Which one was Steve McQueen's again?

23:16  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Kat: I only put that in so my other friends wouldn't get snippy and I offended the very person I called favourite? Some days you can't please anybody... :)

BTW I believed you about the news because the anchor in the clip linked under "Stephen" says it was odd that it wasn't more widely reported.

23:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's all right, but I've demoted you to 5th best friend :) I'm, of course, honored that I would be anyone's favorite internet friend for any length of time!

I hate our media. I find it ridiculous that I have to watch Comedy Central for news. I guess the ol' fool/truth-teller image still works.

00:11  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

37% and counting down!

Talking of fools, if I may get Obi Wan on your ass "who's more foolish? The fool or the one who follows him?" We have Blair in his THIRD term... though to be fair I really didn't consider it a problem til mid-way through the second.

18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home