2006-04-29

How Am I Driving?

Good God was I ever pissed off last night I'm back I was gonna write and I'm in a bad mood because a two and a bit hour journey from Luton airport took four I'd been sick my entire trip to Galway my stomach was doing somersaults as I sat in traffic near Heathrow I had a hunch I wouldn't feel up to my planned trip to London today nuts too mad to even be bothered with grammar just get this bile out of my system.

The M25 was at a standstill so I avoided it completely, going via Harrow. (Around this time I regained the use of my punctuation.) I calmed down as I got closer to Bristol because getting home and to bed looked increasingly like it might actually happen. I stopped for a coffee and the barista was really friendly to me. What a difference a smile can make to a person's day!

By the time I got to the M32 I was smiling and leftfield re-workings of Radiohead classics filled the car. I sang along and thought how Keep Left Unless Overtaking would fit right in on a Radiohead set list. I saw that slogan on a driver information screen over the motorway recently and dreamed of a new era of peace on Britain's roads.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Sorry you were sick and had bad traffic on top of that. No good. But welcome back.

21:33  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Thanks, guys. I can't seem to keep any food in my system and the novelty has definitely worn off.

22:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home