2006-10-17

Chrysalis

The day started with a sexual proposition from a complete stranger (a completely strange crack whore) on my way to the corner shop to buy milk. The area I live in has real character. But more about that later. We have so much to catch up on!

The milk was to make coffee for the broadband engineers: nice guys who called the sales manager who mis-managed this whole connection farce a cunt. The sales manager turned up and they called him a few other names to his face. I've been online and in shock for about an hour now.

While the installation disc was still spinning my boss called and gave me a performance-related bonus for the previous financial year and a "motivational" raise for now. I've had worse days!

8 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Yea!

bonuses and raises are not bad things.

17:30  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Welcome back!

Trying to think of when a raise is not motivational. Can't.

23:42  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

and when will you blossom into the butterfly, mate and die?

00:31  
Blogger tenderhooligan said...

What is it with us and our down and out 'lovers'? ;)

09:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a crack whore!

I'm glad one of us is back and posting. Congrats on the raises! That's great! My old boss kept passing up my coworker for her raise thinking that would motivate her to work harder. Moron.

15:42  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

k: no, that was me sad to say. It was late, I'd been drinking....

same old same old

23:43  
Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

Anyone else remember the willow wisp story when arthur builds himself a chrysalis? He's all ready to turn into a moth but never quite makes it as the chrysalis has been squatted by some gnomes who then get removed by the handsome (according to Mavis the fairy) toy soldiers, who subsequently take over the chrysalis as their barracks? all thanks to the great tradition of children's entertainment made by people on acid!

20:33  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

and there was a dog called the Moog who pretended to be an elephant once to help Mavis Cruet pass her exams. and Twit the bird and Evil Edna - the whole thing narrated by Kenneth Williams.

Nope, never heard of it.

23:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home