2006-07-31

nth Week At Philo's

Guest starring... Phil!

By the time I move out next week it'll be two months, less a day. I asked Phil's girlfriend what I could buy him in return for such generosity. She had a word and the answer came back: nothing. The most he'll agree to is being taken out for dinner so a curry is now on the cards.

Last night we debriefed. He said how painless it had been having me around. That was nice to hear because I've had enough difficult house shares that I prefer to live alone nowadays. (I'm told I'm too laid-back sometimes but when someone tries to bullshit/swindle/otherwise put one over on me it's like a red rag to a bull.) Phil makes co-habiting seem easy.

We were strapping ourselves in for a session of Outlaw Golf and Lego Star Wars: The Video Game when Phil had an epiphany. I helped him fetch a sheet of plasterboard from the next room. Then came a step ladder, a digital projector, a plank and a rock.

"Have you seen Laurel and Hardy when they try to get that piano up those stairs?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"This has potential."
But he knew exactly what he was doing and we gamed our last games on a big screen. For hours.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Outlaw golf? The mind boggles...

17:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've looked at that photo a couple times now, and I'm still trying to figure out the gold garland on the wall. Some kind of shrine? Too lazy to take down Christmas decor?

14:34  
Blogger Hilary said...

I'm sorry, but Phil doing a balancing act and it worked? Wow.

You could always buy him a bottle of something. He's very good at the generosity thing. :)

08:29  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Yeah, it's tinsel. Funnily enough, I lived there for almost two months and didn't really notice it until I took this photo.

13:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home