2007-02-21

Superman Retards

Time passes slowly when you watch a Bryan Singer film. With Superman Returns it passed super-slowly. I liked the old school music and title sequence. I liked Kevin Spacey and Brandon Routh. I didn't like Lois one bit. The action sequences looked C.G.I.-gorgeous but, with the exception of the pan up from the baseball game to the falling aeroplane, failed to provide much in the way of genuine shock or surprise. 154 minutes felt like 1054. I thought my watch was broken.

The references to the first two Christopher Reeve films - such as Lois smoking and spending the night with Supes - were neat. They gently ret-con the later sequels out of the series by simply ignoring anything that happened in them, to position Returns as the third movie proper... though I fail to see how a love triangle with super-powered offspring jumps the shark any less than Richard Pryor in Superman III.

Now I need to send the disc back to LOVEFiLM and cancel my account. I joined to watch the second series of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex but I got the opposite of help when the fifth disc in the series refused to show up. One particular form response from their customer service people ignored my question and stepped me through the process of cancelling my account instead, which should tell you all you need to know about these e-tards.

I trialled a membership from amazon.co.uk and it's cheaper, it has more copies of new releases so they arrive faster and you get an additional 10% off your D.V.D. purchases too. Try it yourself!

1 Comments:

Blogger tenderhooligan said...

And Superman was a big gay mannequin, right? You forgot that very important part! ;)

12:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home