2007-05-19

Green And Windy

Greetings from Dublin. I'm here for work though there's no work to do yet because the V.I.P. visitor I was sent here to chaperone has yet to show herself. I can't help my colleagues with what they're doing (different skill sets, innit) so I've had a tasty pub lunch and now I'm in an internet cafe on O'Connell Street. It's 0-0 at halftime in the F.A. Cup Final as I write this.

I forgot to record any T.V. while I'm away so those of you enjoying the respite from Doctor Who - and judging by the number of comments on recent articles, there's a fair few of ya - are safe until at least Tuesday.

This trip was last minute so work approved a four-star hotel because it was all that was available in the city. I was assigned Room 420 (no snickering, please). Unfortunately, it was over a ballroom where a party raged until 0200 and I played Name That Tune for hours using only basslines.

According to the first of two hilarious taxi drivers, the local lasses have the permanent hump with all the Czech and Polish women living here now because the local men think they're exotic. I couldn't possibly comment. The head receptionist, Charlene, is a cutie with rock chick hair and a mixed up accent proving that she worked in the U.S.A. for a year or so, just like me. But what am I going to do about it? Nothing. I'm so over the distance thing and my appetite for the one-night thing has waned too. I don't know why I'm sharing this, but I am!

My hour here is up - more later or Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I hope you like the Doctor Who - I thought it was a particularly good, full of suspense episode this week!

P.S. I leave Bris on the 31st.

16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home