2007-07-03

Because Of The Unique Way The B.B.C. Is Funded

Please ask the man who just did the weather on News 24 (5pm, Bank Holiday Monday) to stop making sound effects during his reports. Is his vocabulary really so bad that he can't find the words? It's not Newsround!

Also, if the announcers on BBC Three could not wander off into who's the most shaggable in the next programme, that would be nice. ITV is still there for people wot like that kind of thing.

I am available to stay focussed, on-topic and not insult the intelligence of the viewer if you are having trouble finding people.
...wrote I, trying to sound like the letters page of Private Eye.

Dear [Mr. Prefect]

Thank you for your e-mail. I understand that you felt it was inappropriate for the BBC News 24 weather presenter at 5pm on Monday the 28th May to make sound effects during his report. I also have noted that you feel that certain comments made by the continuity announcers on BBC THREE are inappropriate.

Please be assured I have registered your comments on the daily audience log which will be made available to the 'BBC News 24' production teams and senior BBC management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and your comments will play a part in this process. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for taking time to contact the BBC.

Regards

P McDaniel
BBC Information
I didn't expect a response but that's public service broadcasting!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! I suppose they had to be rather serious in response just in case you were serious in your letter!

The BBC don't like to offend, after all. Although you really wouldn't know that from a lot of the announcers on Three. They must think they're being ironic (man!).

08:56  
Blogger Tim F said...

The problem is that so many letters get written by abject mentalists, they don't know how to deal with genuine complaints.

08:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that response was his sarcastic way of saying, "Your letter is going directly into the garbage."

I've gotten these kinds of letters before (I complain a lot), and I've learned that just writing the letter is what makes me feel better.

12:09  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Regardless of anything changing, the fact that someone has read and understood what I wrote (rather than selecting which of three form letters to fire back) appeases me.

15:49  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

I think you're a bit easy to appease. They just write you a letter and then continue to dumb down.

I'll get you a green font for your birthday.

21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home