2007-06-23

Splinter!

It's on the underside of my right index finger between the knuckle and the first joint. I got it taking down a sheet from my window in the dark and forgetting about the cactus on the sill. It's the tip of a spike. I've sucked it and squeezed it and now I'm going to ignore it.

There's a patch of blood on the sheet at the foot end of my bed today. I haven't bled though. It could be chocolate pretending to be blood...

I have no travelling to do this weekend, praise be. Three people might call round at various times for tea and sympathy. If it weren't for food I might not need the outside world all weekend! Greetings from my sofa.

7 Comments:

Blogger James Lindsay said...

Have a nice relax, Ford. I still have a week to go, then it's off in the bush, just me and one of the dogs.

02:50  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I like the bush too :).

09:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've sucked it and squeezed it and now I'm going to ignore it

Heh, heh. Insert dirty joke here.

I didn't realize you could get a splinter from anything except wood.

14:05  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Innuendo rocks. (You said "insert".) Plants are like trees are like wood, no?

14:20  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Metal slivers are the worst. True, they don't often break and half-remain under the flesh (provided you can actually get a grip on them) but, man... the body really reacts badly to some metals. I'm thinking in particular of aviation grade aluminium with its high content of magnesium.

Feel the burn!

16:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plant/wood relationship did cross my mind, but does the same idea apply to a cactus spike?

18:59  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I say it does :). I'll tell you this for free: it bloody well feels like a splinter!!

19:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home