2007-06-24

Top Five Glastonbury-On-T.V. Moments

The rain beat on my skylights on and off all weekend. I went out once per day for groceries. A friend and colleague from more rural parts reports bridges out and houses flooded down her way. I'm so glad I didn't go to the festival! People were mud wrestling for fun.

The B.B.C's Glastonbury mini-site has content galore (though it might not be accessible overseas). Just beware of rude, egotistical presenters like Colin Murray. Not even they could mar my enjoyment of:

5. The Mutoid Waste Co.
Not a band but a green concern that makes animated sculptures from electronic and machine waste.
4. Amy Winehouse
Played twice on different stages. What legs!
3. Lily Allen and some of The Specials
Performing Gansters.
2. The Arctic Monkeys
They played so precisely and were polite to the audience. Covering Diamonds Are Forever in tribute to Shirley Bassey, who played on Sunday, finally converted me. Alex Turner has a better voice than I knew.



1. C.S.S.
I fast-forwarded a lot of drab music this weekend so hooray for Cansei de Ser Sexy bringing the disco rock party to my living room. I danced to the kettle and back. Singer Lovefoxxx stripped off her multi-coloured catsuit to reveal a yellow one underneath and went crowd-surfing. (I read that she doesn't always bother with the second layer of clothing.)

Honourable mentions: a topless Iggy Pop falling down and staying there; Beth Ditto's bits dancing independently from the rest of her; Rufus Wainright being straight out of Will & Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home