2007-08-18

Big Trouble With Little Objects

I thought I'd left my phone in the car so I went downstairs to check. At the bottom of the stairs (but still a short way from the car) I realised I'd hadn't brought my car keys because I knew, subconsciously, I wasn't driving anywhere. So, my dilemma: go back for the keys now when there's no guarantee I'm actually going to need to open the car, or continue to the car, see the phone on the passenger seat and then go ALL the way back for them? Tricky stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.



I drove to To-ne's barbecue so we could buy beer on the way, but I'd planned to drink and pick up the car on Sunday. We took a taxi all the way home that night before I remembered I'd left my house keys in the glove box. (It's what I do when I park at airports so I can't lose them overseas.) I smoked while I considered ways of breaking in but it was clear we were going to need another taxi. There again. And back again. Thirty pounds for all three trips. An expensive mistake.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather expensive mistake, yes. But I'm sure we were right not to opt for breaking and entering. Beside the police station!

15:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 2 days, this post is one month old.

21:21  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

I know... I wonder if he read my post on "Orphaned Blogs" last month? I must admit, I haven't had much time for blogging myself...

02:59  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

One month it is!

19:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't make me take you off my blog roll.

19:27  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Do I reall y have to toss you into the "Silence of the Lambs" list, Ford?

03:16  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

He's too busy down the Facebook playground buying pirate crack...

07:52  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

No WAY! PLEASE tell us you haven't forsaken us in exchange for becoming a Facebook Whore!?!?!?!

00:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home