2005-05-07

Top Five Albums



1. Bossanova: Pixies
This got stunning reviews in the NME when I was 17 and hungry for new music. I bought it and I hated it. Six months later I played it and wondered how I could have ever not loved it. Now it makes me drive too fast.
2. Scary Monsters: David Bowie
3. Geogaddi: Boards Of Canada
4. 69 Love Songs: The Magnetic Fields
I've owned this album for three years and I've still barely scratched the surface. A triple album with 23 songs per CD, this would be an essential Desert Island Disc.
5. Flood: They Might Be Giants



6. [The White Album]: The Beatles
Half the songs here could give The White Stripes a run for their money.
7. Low: David Bowie
8. No More Shall We Part: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
9. Physical Graffiti: Led Zeppelin
10. Sound Of Water: Saint Etienne

This is, like, my favourite subject. There was no way I was going to be able to keep it to five.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just settling down UK side to watch Kylie Showgirls tour on Ch4 :-)

20:32  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

That would be in my top 5 videos to watch with the sound down.

20:40  
Blogger erika said...

make a little birdhouse in your soul!

23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Giants are one export we must truly thank y'all for...!!

23:48  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I've seen 4 of the 9 artists here play live, incl. TMBG. At one point they tuned in local radio stations and just played along with whatever was on. I was jet-lagged to hell and could barely stand up by the end but it was so much fun.

13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home