2005-12-06

Bad Santa

It feels like the holidays arrived late this year. The chain stores all "went to Christmas" after Hallowe'en but I've been too busy to notice. Plus, the nature of the work I do these days means that I approach the whole phenomenon differently than before. It's not like Christmas needed any more demystifying for me, but I welcome any new perspective on the month-long bullshit that leads up to the actual day. Business-ing it this year has given me something tangible and important to do all December!

I did most of my gift shopping yesterday and will do the rest online to avoid madding crowds. (Don't worry... you all got good stuff.)



I'm away throughout the holiday season so I'll wish you a jolly Pagan time right now. There; done. Santa's practicing for the night of the 24th in this training simulation. Use the arrow keys to collect the alcohol and mince pies but keep away from the electric train tracks.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Away for the season?? Ack! What am I going to sneak off to read when I'm supposed to be writing?? Sigh. Can you do a few weeks' worth before you go? ;) I guess it's the Beowulf and Grendel site full-time for me. . .

have a great time! :o)

21:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're not in America any more -- get an "s" in "practicing" now!

15:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home