2007-03-08

Double Versatile Discs

Add up what I've rented from two D.V.D. clubs, what I've recorded, downloaded, and borrowed from friends, etc. and I have a big-ass pile of stuff to watch. It's starting to feel like a chore so I want to separate the must-sees from the turkeys below, save some precious time and get on with real chores like my overdue taxes.

Films: Walk The Line, 36 (French thriller), The Departed, Sky Blue (Korean animation), 28 Days Later, The Apartment, Changing Lanes.

Television: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, 24 (Season 6), The Book Group, Funland, Life On Mars, Family Guy (Season 4), Deadwood (Season 3).

But which is the chaff and which the wheat? Please help me decide.

The new series of Doctor Who starts in three weeks and video hosting websites continue to entertain with oddities like A Charlie Brown Christmas as voiced by the cast of Scrubs. I'm drowning, I tell you.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

I'd go for tinker tailor... and deadwood. Not that i've seen either. Want to, though.

And The Wire. Watch the Wire.

17:30  
Blogger TMac said...

I really enjoyed The Departed and Walk the Line.

18:04  
Blogger Brad said...

I concur with Dr Trevor - Walk the Line and The Departed are both worth it.

18:19  
Blogger Tom said...

No question about Deadwood, and I enjoyed 28 Days Later

13:50  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Everyone: Ta for the input. Reckon I'll break the back of this pile on the weekend - The Departed is already scheduled in for Sunday. I finally cancelled one of my rental accounts so I shouldn't find myself in this fix again!

Tom: Nice to see you here! I loved the first season of Deadwood but felt it went downhill steeply in the second. I'm going to steal your Top Five Villains meme too. I hope you don't mind!

14:25  
Blogger Joeri Hoste said...

So how far did you get? All the films are well worth it, with perhaps Walk The Line and The Apartment (the French one right?) are prolly at the bottom rungs.

For the telly stuff I'd be ill-advizin' as for most it'd be unknown = unloved.

22:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home