2007-03-04

Short Cuts

Short Cuts is an good old movie by Robert Altman. It got me reading Raymond Carver. I just saw King Kong and it was as long but nowhere near as complex so my mind wandered because it wasn't occupied.

Alice took inches off my hair and cut it level for a recent business trip. Later that week I added some finishing touches in my hotel bathroom mirror. Last week I cut it more while I was high at home. I strongly recommend against such action though I think I got away with it! I'm aiming for this kind of thing but we're not there yet.

Britney Spears has shaved her head and written P.U.S.H. on her arm, which usually stands for Pray Until Something Happens... but in her case it could just as easily be Photograph Up-Skirt Here or Pills Undermine Sanity/Health. Like words? "Britney Spears" is an anagram of "Presbyterians".

Charlie Brooker and I celebrated our birthdays on Saturday - he with his friends and me with mine. Mine went to The Old Duke on King Street and the bar of Loch Fyne on Little King Street, then back to mine to play Guitar Hero for the third Saturday night in a row.

I drove past my exit on the motorway because I was listening to Melvyn Bragg's In Our Time on the radio. I did eight miles re-tracing my "steps". That was NOT a short cut.

Brad is a star for sharing the Tea Girls blog with me. It uses the phrase "at tea"! Bless it. (Safe for work and for kids too.)

Related paragraphs that develop a theme or idea will return shortly.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Who's the fruiter with the hair?

Virginia Bottomley is an anagram of I'm an evil tory bigot.

I share my birthday with Ronnie Corbett.

Didn't like the tea site. Some of them were drinking Darjeeling. Hussies.

23:38  
Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

The 'fruiter' is the gorgeous Josh Hartnett in a Paris Vogue por homme photoshoot.
i'm not a regular reader but it was a one off!

00:35  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Well remembered, Basquiat!

And don't worry, Brad: they're not talking about you :).

09:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home