2007-03-06

Top Five Coats

A man has reached a certain maturity when his taste in clothes no longer changes like the weather and he can amass enough of one type of clothing to write about his favourites...

5. The Damned Dirty Ape
An orange/tan leather jacket reminiscent of what the science monkey wore in the original Planet Of The Apes. It's a little tight around my middle and it's missing some buttons so I wear it open in the summer a lot.
4. The Captain America
A short leather biker jacket with red, white and blue stripes like Peter Fonda's in Easy Rider.
3. The Jack Bauer
A blue waterproof with "C.T.U." in big yellow letters on the back. This is a genuine 24 promotional item that was sent to an overseas broadcaster by Fox and somehow found its way into my hands in time for the rainy season.



2. Big Black
I was cold last Christmas, going outside to smoke all the time at my dad's place. So I picked up a heavy duty coat this winter. Depending what I wear with it, I can look like Johnny Cash or I can look like Harold Steptoe.
1. The Luke Skywalker
The day I discovered H&M did men's clothes too was a happy day in the House Of M. I bought a short brown canvas jacket with poppers and pockets on the arms that reminds me of the flight suit Luke wears when he meets Yoda in Empire. Mine's missing some buttons though.

I have way fewer than five pairs of shoes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I'm sad the black dick's jacket didn't make the list

18:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the missing buttons? You need to either learn to sew buttons back on or marry :)

--how very sexist of me. sewing buttons is about as Suzy Homemaker as I get.

03:12  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Brad: Which one is that? Mine or yours? Brian's?? You got me confused.

Suzy: I lose most of them when I pick up a wire basket in the supermarket and it catches on me. I have most of the loose ones at home but I'm too darn lazy to sew them on again.

07:38  
Blogger Brad said...

yours of course

18:18  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Lord! I'd completely forgotten about that one. Is it at my dad's place or in Kyle's garage still? (Kyle and I have boxed and labelled everything but I've had some big bills and I can't afford transatlantic shipping right now.)

07:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have too many pairs of shoes.

1) Black leather ones for work.
2) Timberland boots for winter.
3) Trainers for the gym. Which I never go to. Although I have started running in them.
4) Walking boots. For walking.
5) Some lighter shoes for the summer.
6) Sandals, which I, being English, suffer to wear only when abroad.
7) An unnecessary brown leather pair of slip-ons that I had to buy once I'd bought a fawn linen suit and discovered that none of my shoes went with it (an expensive suit).

I guess some consolidation might be in order.

I like your Captain America look. Talking of which, I suppose you'll only write about what's happened in Marvel's Civil War in six months when you read about it in trade paperback...

09:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home