2007-10-08

The Opposite Of Frequent

Feathers keep falling into my flat from the ledge by my skylight where the pigeons sit in the sun. I like the way they float down and found it almost serene until I remembered how disease-ridden pigeons are.

Also happening outside my window: lots of noisy construction. They're drilling right now. We still get transient guests in the building, using a flat for just a week or a weekend. One of them stole my neighbour's bike when they left. These young souls were in town for a wedding and we said hello out of the window.

Why I choose this to share, of all the things that have happened in the eight weeks since I last posted, I'm not sure. Perchance to highlight how trivial blogging can be? If I told you everything that's happened, it would take me eight weeks to write!

I like having this outlet but when you start to find it a chore to post frequently, as I have, it's a bit like the tail wagging the dog. National Novel Writing Month is on the horizon and Shig has convinced me to take part this year. I hope to improve my writing style because I've become bored with the stock turns of phrase that I use here all the time. I've been reading more, because there's something unhealthy about reading your own words more than anyone else's. I'd love to (ultimately) have something more concrete than an online diary to show for all the time I spend writing.

This blog ain't dead. It's still twitching and medics are en route. Thanks for all the messages about it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

cool, i'm up for doing the novel thing next year after the degree is finished so glad you're taking the plunge first. Good luck, come celebrate the end of the writing in Brighton as my birthday just happens to fall on the last day of November!

21:02  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!
Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!

Welcome back. I was statting to wonder (as were many others). I like to take a break from this myself. I've been ripping my way through all of Christopher Moore's books over the last month.... I think I like him possibly more than Adams as far as humor in fiction goes.

Welcome back.

16:14  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Merry Christmas, Ford!

18:40  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Thanks, Artie. Right back atcha in spades!

P.S. In case anybody hadn't realised, this hiatus of mine has turned indefinite. Life is good here but I don't have time to document it. Wishing you all happiness in 2008!

11:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice article you got here. It would be great to read something more about this theme. Thank you for giving that material.
Joan Stepsen
Girl geeks

11:38  
Blogger Bartholomew said...

this is great posting i like so much Ford

07:25  
Blogger aradh said...

ask anything at JustQuarry.com

Sarkari Results
Sarkari Results
Sarkari Results
Rojgar Results
aExamPaper


Sarkari Result is the most Trusted Latest Government jobs & Sarkari Result Portal for the job seekers. Sarkari Result Provided Updated instantly every moment regularly of all latest jobs Results, Answer keys, Admit Cards, Online form for Various Government Sarkari Exam, Exam Syllabus, Admission form updates related to job information. Through the website. you can get all the latest information of state or central level Government job in india. Sarkari Result provides PSU Jobs informations as well. Government giving enough opportunities to make a good and bright future in india.Sarkari result helps you to get all jobs in government sector.All Universities Admission, Results are Provided on time to time at Sarkari Result. Board Result of all state of india is available on this site. Sarkari Result Providing all the guidance about fill up the online form, Application fee and form submission. All process from start to end is available for the job seekers.Once the Student applied for the new job through the sarkari result. Now he just needs to be updated with the Sarkari Result to get the new information of announcement about exam date, Admit card,Call Letter, Answer key and finally the Result and Interview.


19:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home