2005-05-11

Pisces = Perfectionist

Some people have noticed that I edit my posts after they've been published. If I find a better image for a story or think of a less clumsy turn of phrase after my fourth coffee of the day, you bet I'm gonna go back and fix it. It's not an Orwellian thing... it's just the Pisces in me. Think of a fresh post as the early edition of a newspaper, and anything that's been there more than an hour or two as the archival edition. Anyone comparing me to George Lucas will be shot!

Douglas Adams often talked about "writing backwards" and I do the same: I'll splooge all over the page first, then trim it down to the essence of whatever I'm trying to say. It's the same way JK Rowling writes books now, except for the editing part. (Get her!)



I always thought Pisces was represented by a fish (singular) but some maps of the constellation show two fish swimming together and others show two fish swimming away from one another - as if to prove the point that you can look at the stars and see anything you bloody well like. Pisces is Vissen in German, which is plural and swiftly ends this particular internal debate of mine.

Earlier I found one of those You-Don't-Have-To-Be-Mad-To-Work-Here-But-It-Helps signs (which will never be posted here for reasons of class) giving ten reasons you know you're a Pisces. I agree strongly with six of them but I'd probably agree with statements for Aquarius too, if I ever had the inclination to read them. I can't believe one twelfth of the world's population all share the same few traits (unless everybody has them).

Astrology still serves an important purpose or two, however: it helps people look at themselves objectively and pigeon-hole others. Next time on The Sun Sign Show: why I don't date Scorpios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home