2005-06-14

Religion

I was walking across the bridge today when I saw a man standing at the edge, ready to jump off. I immediately ran over and pleaded with him to reconsider. "There's so much to live for!" I said.
"Like what?" said he.
"Well... are you religious or atheist?"
"Religious."
"Me too. Are you Christian or Jewish?"
"Christian."
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"So am I! Are you Original Baptist Church of God or Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God from the reformation of 1879 or Reformed Baptist Church of God from the reformation of 1915?"
"1915!"
So I called him a heretic and pushed him over the edge.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGirard said...

Bah, religion would be the last thing that I had to live for, that's for sure.

12:16  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

Splitter!

20:15  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Where's the foetus gonna gestate? In a box?!

Etc.

20:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home