2005-06-13

Talkin' 'Bout The Midnight Rambler

Last night I had couldn't sleep and posted here to pass the time. This morning I read my whiny drivel and deleted it. Some things that are already well-documented here were bugging me so I wasn't adding much soul to the Marcus Brand by repeating them at 3am. (Incidentally, my top five things to combat insomnia are smoking, drinking, eating, earplugs, and a CD from Brookstone called Music To Promote Sleep. It features pulses and delta waves and other black magic "scientifically proven" to put you to sleep, and didn't I feel about 60 years old when I bought it?)



Anyway, I said weekends really highlight how little I have going on here. I get listless and grouchy unless I have social plans. There's a theory that you're happier all week when you have something to look forward to, so I resolved to rent a car and get myself a change of scenery next weekend. Destination undetermined...

As if to endorse the idea, tonight a couple of friends called to say they've decided I haven't been to see them enough since I've been living here. They're gonna pay for me to get up to Celia's "Farewell To New York" Party this weekend. What a godsend! I feel like I have a backlog of fun to burn through. I'm gonna be incorrigable. Ladies, I love you! I'll even blur your faces when I blog about it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good, because this is my last weekend to rip it up a bit.

22:23  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Oh, it's gonna get TORN.

22:36  
Blogger Dave(id) said...

Marcus incorrigable??? I'll believe it when I see it. Want pictures!!!

04:04  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

You obviously haven't met my drag alter-ego. I call her Voracia!

04:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home