2005-06-15

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Fun times at Moe's in Ghent last night. I traded up from my staple burrito, the Triple Lindy, to the Homewrecker and I didn't regret it for a second. Mmmm. Justin entertained us all with a one-question pop quiz about best-selling albums that lasted 15 minutes or more, and I challenged him back: what's the current all-time top-selling DVD?



He guessed Finding Nemo and I told him it was Chappelle's Show, cos I'd just read a press release bragging about that. In hindsight, I think I succumbed to the hype. I can't find anything independent online anywhere to back it up. If anyone knows better, let me know! I think Justin might have a pint coming his way.

We riffed on my favourite Chappelle skit for a bit, the Racial Draft (where celebrities like Tiger Woods and Halle Berry are drafted into one ethnic group or the other, for good). It ends with China picking the entire Wu-Tang Clan who get up to the podium and say, "Kanichiwa, bitches!"

We're sat ten feet from the cash register and we're laughing and saying, "Kanichiwa, bitches!" I look up, and there's an Asiatic black girl buying her burrito. Miss, if you're reading this, it had nothing to do with you. Me and my big mouth...

2 Comments:

Blogger DrHeimlich said...

Chappelle's Show (Season 1) is the best-selling TV show on DVD title ever. It is not the biggest movie title ever on DVD. I'm not positive, but there's a good chance that honor would go to the Star Wars trilogy box set?

05:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I could only find the a recent Australian Top-Selling DVD list... here we go... (as of Feb 2005)
*note — the first Harry Potter movie had it's *real* title in Australia, rather than a sexxxy "sorceror" tacked in...

1 Finding Nemo
2 The Fellowship of the Ring
3 The Two Towers
4 Shrek
5 Shrek 2
6 Pirates of the Caribbean
7 The Return of the King
8 Gladiator
9 Monsters Inc
10 The Lion King
11 The Matrix
12 The Fast and the Furious
13 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
14 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
15 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
16 Star Wars trilogy boxed set
17 Four Weddings and a Funeral
18 Matrix Revolutions
19 Troy
20 Matrix Reloaded

15:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home