2006-05-29

Bad Dog

Today would not be a good Groundhog Day. My father has been riding his vintage motorbike around France for the last ten days and he gets home in six hours. I've lived here my way since he went away and have failed to surprise myself by leaving the clean-up to the last moment.

Today would be a good day to buy a dishwasher. And a vacuum cleaner that you don't have to push and steer. And a house elf to wind all the clocks. I bet that the one on the mantle would show the latest time when it stopped and it does. I should give myself a prize.

This site looks increasingly like the site of someone who has lost interest in blogging, with a mean average of one post every three days this month. I'm busier at work and at play by about 500% compared with when I started this hack-rag but I'm no quitter. The patient and faithful will be subjected to a recent tale or two... after the big clean-up!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So which of these do I comment on?

My social life has multiplied, but that's even more reason to get on here and save it for posterity. The fact that when something funny or good happens you don't think, "I need to blog about this," is a sure sign that you're not the supergeek I thought you were.

I, however, am exactly the supergeek I thought I was.

13:10  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

I agree -- posterity is why I started and why I'm not quitting. Last week was a mad week and I did a lot of stuff and this week will be calmer so I'll have time to write about it. My love life will stay mostly offline though... I don't want to dissuade any potential suitors or record too many failures!

Does anyone reading this backup their blog? I think I should start. Ta for the heads-up about the duplicate post BTW. Fixed now.

All the cleaning's done except the washing up. Things are "in soak". I'm now officially procrastinating.

13:56  
Blogger Brad said...

If you don't want to blog about the love life that isfine but give us some details about where you went and what you saw.

13:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The duplicate post was not intentional??? Oh! I thought you were being extremely clever with your Groundhog Day (the movie) reference. I almost said something about you posting twice, but then I thought, "No, he's doing it on purpose!" How funny.

02:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home