2006-07-06

Nouveau Who Beau

With spoilers up to S2E12 of new Doctor Who.

Rose Tyler dies in the finale, according to the voice-over introduction to last week's episode and all the surrounding press. She's been annoyingly arrogant this year, treating the whole of time and space like it's her personal playground, so with any luck she'll get caught in the crossfire when the Daleks and Cybermen face off for supremacy of the Earth at around a quarter to eight. It's going to be completely O.T.T. but I wouldn't have it any other way.



Rose's replacement, one Martha Jones, was unveiled to the media this week. Freema Agyeman is a relative unknown here so, like David Tennant replacing Christopher Eccleston, she'll be fighting the good fight to keep the budget down in Series Three.

Freema already appeared in Doctor Who, as an office worker who got her brain pulled out through her ear. We hope her next character will be less one-dimensional (and more durable). Rumours abound but I like the "runaway bride" theory because we won't be popping back to the here and now to play happy families as much as we did with That Tyler Woman. Whoever Martha Jones turns out to be, the T.A.R.D.I.S. crew is going to be nicely colour-coordinated when she joins it next Spring.

Update 2006-07-08: The perfect song to mark the occasion!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I know what you're talking about on these blasted Doctor Who posts! Thanks for spoiling the whole Rose-dying thing :)

23:59  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Sorry! Would it help if I said there was more to it than meets the eye at first glance? Or would that undo my initial mis-direct and actually spoil it more? Shutting up now :).

11:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you know I'm just teasing. I'm not one of those people who loves surprises.

15:23  
Blogger Mkae said...

Ack! Mark these posts spoiler free for us yanks that get the series a year later!! D'oh!

16:44  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Ack!! Sorry. I didn't realise you were still reading. I've added a warning now. Bear in mind also that I wrote that before I'd seen the episode.

16:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home