2006-07-09

Fifth Week At Philo's

I can't move into my flat for another two weeks. Because the landlord bought the warehouse as a single unit and then split it in two, both addresses need to be completed before he can get insurance on the building. So they're frantically finishing the other half now and I can only wait. Phil's being totally cool about it. What a hero!

The best part about moving into an unfurnished apartment is all the shopping. Argos and Ikea will soon be my friends. I've found a ton of groovy stuff online too, at IWantOneOfThose.com: clocks in binary, clocks with projectors, and clocks that look like books. Lazybone.com has less for the home and more novelty items but I browsed for an hour anyway: giant chess, indoor snow, and Twister bed covers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Twister cover absolutely scream bachelor pad!

Hey, ladies, wanna go play Twister...on my BED?

Hilarious. I like the idea of buying brand new stuff for my new place. Only problem is we don't have any money to do it with.

15:52  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

I'll echo kitkat - the twister bed covers look like one of the vest chat-up lines and shortest journey times to the A&E I can imagine.

Are you a clock freak, perchance?

00:38  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

I like the wooden clock. http://tinyurl.com/nktsl

22:24  
Blogger C said...

Awesome Twister spread. I want the giagantic chess set. I was actually eyeballing that in a catalog not too long ago. Too bad it's so pricey.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

04:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lazybone is a very bad company to deal with. We ordered two items which we were unhappy with and knew we had the legal right to return them for a full refund. Lazybone's website says, contrary to direct selling regulations, that you MUST get a return authorisation code from them before you can return things. They
would not answer or return our phone calls (answer machine) or emails.

We sent them an official looking letter by registered post which was replied to with "permission" to return the items but after waiting over a month for our refund we had to get Trading Standards involved to get our money back.

I would strongly recommend not using this company.

08:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home