2006-06-17

Questions With Tahmoh Penikett

More tales from the recent London Anime Expo show.

I don't often get starstruck but being in the same room as Mary-Lynn Rajskub was a bit of a thrill. I wanted to say something worthy of her sarcastic character Chloe on 24 but you can't always get inspiration on demand. At least I learned how to pronounce her name: Rass-cub. She and four co-stars were waiting for a Q&A panel where they faced "Which is your favourite season?" and other uninspired questions. "Winter", she replied.

Carlos Bernard is just as short and just as mean-looking in real life. I was considering taking a photograph but his face told me it wasn't a good idea. I could have lined up and paid for one but that's not really me.

Likewise, I passed Tahmoh Penikett from Battlestar Galactica on my way for a smoke. He was away from the guest area - probably on a pee break. I hope he didn't mind me striking up conversation when we found ourselves walking a corridor in the same direction. He didn't look like he minded.

FP: Hey, man...
TP: Hey. What's up?
FP: Taking a break. I'm working here.

I briefly explain my job when he asks and offer him a cigarette, which he declines.

FP: I have to say it: Galactica is a great show.
TP: Thanks. I love it too.
FP: You get a lot of screen time. Especially in Season 1.
TP: Yeah, but I prefer Season 2 overall. To be back with the main cast and involved in the story in the way that I am.
FP: Last time we saw you, it looked like you were doing Gaeta's old job.
TP: Sort of. But it remains to be seen how long I'm going to do it.
FP: You're not leaving, are you?
TP: No, I mean how long Helo does that job. They may have something else in store for him. You know how they like to surprise you on this show.
FP: That they do. Wait! Are you Canadian?
TP: Uh-huh. So is Aaron, so is Kandyse... many of the cast.
FP: I guess it makes sense to hire a cast where you film.
TP: Well, I should get back.
FP: And I should smoke. Keep up the good work!
TP: Thanks!

Of course, I should have asked if he was going out with the British cast members that night and could I come too because I want to find out where Baltar gets his suits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Something tells me that those suits are provided by the wardrob dept

15:32  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Okay, so where do they get them? Do they buy and alter or tailor from scratch? It's important!!

23:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home