2006-07-04

Awkward Dates

I was eating Chinese with a friend in Munich. She said how annoying it was that we lived so far apart. I said I couldn't handle another long distance relationship - in fact, I wasn't looking for a relationship at all. I opened my fortune cookie and it said I'd meet my ideal partner soon. Awkward!

Recently, an internet friend and I decided to take the plunge and meet in person. We went to the pub at 1400 and got along very well. By 2200 we were in a different pub but we still hadn't eaten anything. She said something that I thought was a joke and I pulled a face in disgust. It was all very trivial but it didn't seem that way on an empty stomach... an hour later, we'd had our first argument!

Even in the heat of the moment we knew that drink and no food was making us act like idiots. But could we find a way out? Could we heck. So we took a break. I wrote a text message to Phil, saying how my day had gone a bit pear-shaped, but in my delirium I sent it to my date by mistake. Which didn't help. I'm happy to report that we got along just fine again once we'd sobered up, and have ever since.

See also: May 12, April 29 and June 24.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

But bad dates are better than no dates, right?

17:17  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

IIRC I think I started one relationship by telling the person in question that she was wrong. We're still together so there's hope for you?

00:44  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Yes, Brad! That's funny, Neil.

08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home