2007-03-10

Top Five Villains

They don't call me "Bandwagon Ford" for nothing.

5. Number 2 (The Prisoner)
It's usually a psychological battle and Number 2 often wins.
4. The Kingpin (Spider-Man and Daredevil comics)
New York mafia boss who can more than hold his own at close range.
3. Dracula
No particular screen portrayal - the concept of an enemy that can turn you into one of their own is enough. Vampires are the original Bodysnatchers, the original Borg.



2. Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)
"The city of Townsville, I hate you. I do not enjoy the fact that three superhero female children take up residence in you. And by hurting me and forcing me to dwell in one of your correctional facilities, these mutant infant girls prevent me from obtaining political control of you."
1. Ralph Cifaretto (The Sopranos)
A real high point in the series' patchy run. Ralph was as nasty a piece of work as I've seen on film. His eventual demise had a satisfyingly humiliating quality to it, as if there was no way they'd allow someone so reprehensible to bow out with dignity: Tony beat him to death with the frying pan he was cooking with and Ralph's wig fell off for the first time. Take that for the horse! And another for the girlfriend you beat to death when she told you she was pregnant!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mojo Jojo....heh. I can't believe he ranks up there with the guy from the Sopranos. Cartoons these days are no joke!

18:43  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

I tip my hat to you for the Prisoner reference - totally.

As to Dracula's, the one that freaked me out the most was Louis Jourdan as he was so urbane.

02:01  
Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

The original Borg? You mean there was life before Star Trek?!

I'm with you on Ralphie. He made Paulie look positively well adjusted.

02:57  
Blogger C said...

I do like Dracula, but I think my current fave is Captain Hook (Jason Isaacs) from the latest Peter Pan.

05:44  
Blogger tenderhooligan said...

I absolutely agree about Ralphie - he was a fantastic villain.

Do you remember the episode when he killed the stripper, Tracy, behind the Bing? I remember it because it was particularly brutal but also because C4 warned about the upcoming violence in each ad break. If I'm right, they normally only warn about the violence before the programme. Pretty telling...

P.S. If you get this comment one hundred times, it's because the Interweb isn't working for me today.

11:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home