2006-06-15

Miss World Cup

Now the tournament has finally started I can get into it. The office closed early today because the boss is a footie fan and I'm watching England v. Trinidad & Tobago as I type. Is two countries against one fair?

We're doing our usual thing of knowing we don't need to play our best game to win against an inferior team so we're not playing our best and now we're in danger of not winning because they know they do need to play their best if they want to beat us so they're playing well! We do have a chance of winning because that's what "chance" means, Media Pundit Fools. All we have to do is win all of our games.



Last night was Germany v. Poland - a grudge match if ever I heard one. I didn't know who to support though because I went out with a Pole last winter and a German more recently. (I do so hate to brag.) It has been observed that I don't date English women very often. It's not an intentional thing per se but the last time was nine years ago. Perhaps I just find it easier to be myself when I'm not dealing with British social games? I'm sure every culture has them but it can be bliss when you don't know what they are.

I volunteered to help some colleagues at an anime show recently. (I had to un-volunteer one of the days so I could go to my uncle's 50th birthday party but it's the thought that counts.) A confident dyed-redhead strode through the crowds of otaku and past our booth. She was not in costume. I said hi. We hit it off. We went for coffee. She told me she was Austrian: yay! And she lives in Austria: balls!

Loving like you're James Bond can be a double-edged sword sometimes. Then again, I've never seen Vienna...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't someone once calculate that James Bond would be riddled with VD if he were an actual person living that promiscuously? Just a thought :)

13:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home