2006-05-30

Sixteen Questions And Some Statements

I interviewed myself. I think it went well.

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.
The nearest book is a street map of Bournemouth. The next nearest book is a car manual with page numbers like 1.10 and 3.04. In the end I went to the next room and picked the first book I saw: Introducing Time by Craig Callender & Ralph Edney. "Time, Newton says, should not be confused with its sensible measure." (By "sensible measure", he means clocks.)

Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
Nothing. Empty space. Fresh air. I'm at a table.

What's the last thing you watched on TV?
An episode of George And Mildred!



Without looking, guess what time it is.
10:40? A clock chimed recently.

Now look at the clock. What's the actual time?
10:35.

With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Two clocks and a television in the next room. The occasional helicopter.

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
About an hour ago, to get better phone reception and smoke a cigarette.

What are you wearing?
A green and blue tartan shirt and grey Dickies trousers. Two of my least stylish garments but I worked from home today. Socks too.

Did you dream last night?
Nope. The last one I can remember was on Saturday.

When did you last laugh?
Thirty minutes ago reading Horror With Dick And Jane on Slartibartfast's blog. You have to trust these Hitch-hiker people.

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Five plates, two "uplights" and two framed pictures of wooden ships at sea.

Seen anything weird lately?
The W.E.E.E. Man. (Not the one from Jackass but the one in tomorrow's article. There will be photos.)

What is the last film you saw?
Dan Brown Just Got Richer starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A disused warehouse in Old Market to convert to flats [apartments], much like the place I'm trying to rent right now. Eight newly-renovated places will be ready to view in a week or two and my name is near the top of the list, but if I owned the building already I wouldn't be so anxious today.

Tell us something about you that we don't know.
I kissed a boy.

If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I'd change the laws of physics so time travel was possible and I'd right most of the wrongs I ever did anybody. Like My Name Is Earl. With time travel.

Do you like to dance?
Does the Pope like to pray?

George W. Bush.
I know provocation when I see it but you won't get any dissent from me. I'm firmly with the majority of the planet's population on this one.

Would you ever consider living abroad?
Been there, done that. I'd do it again given the right circumstances.

What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"A lot of people here want to meet you."
Or, "Now that you know what it's all about, do you want another go?"
Or, "St. Peter and I appear to be on a job swap today."

5 Comments:

Blogger C said...

*snort* over the film, LOL! Great title!! So was it good? Did you read the book? Gonna give us the lowdown? Mollusc is tickled PINK to be linked in your blog and sidebar. :-D

Here's hoping you get the flat!

02:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many things I want to respond to!

1. You like dancing? For real, yo? You're a far braver man than I am. Wait--I'm not a man.
2. Is "The occasional helicopter" from the television or from real life?
3. I can't imagine you doing so many wrongs as to warrant time travel to fix such wrongs.

02:20  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Candace: Thanks for the flat wishes. Film review to follow.

I laughed so much at Mollusc's site I couldn't NOT link her. I apologize in advance for anything she learns here that you don't want her to know yet. Sorry about that!

Kat: Feel free to respond to as much as you like, girl!

1. I'm bummed that we'll never dance. (Shig: if you're reading this, say nothing!)

2. The helicopter was real cos this neighbourhood is going to the dogs.

3. You're right about my wrongs -- I am, in fact, perfect. But some people like to whine and I'd like to shut them up forever... :)

12:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd be surprised what you find on the Interweb on a Wednesday night. I could be out having experiences and the like, but meh...It's too humid out. Courtney sends her best all the way from this nation's capitol. DC misses you some kind of awful. Email me sometime, jerky.

02:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll never dance? Shit, M, you're not very good at keeping up this blog romance :) Helicopters to me don't necessarily mean a dangerous neighborhood, but now we all know that you live in the ghetto. Well done!

02:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home