2007-03-23

Peacock Feathers

I had another inch of hair taken off the back. By Christmas I will be bald and also rich from not paying professionals to do what a friend can do in my kitchen in five minutes.



The conversation widened to include what we euphemistically call "personal grooming". According to my sources, men on the continent trim their body hair almost as much as women. And why not? In this day and age, do we actually need it? We have central heating, underwear and thermal clothing to protect us from the elements. I know plenty of bald men that didn't die of pneumonia yet.

We have showers and soap now too, negating the hygienic need for a mass of fur to keep out the dirt and bugs of the medieval battlefield. Hair is fast becoming the new appendix: I simply don't see the point in it any more except to attract a potential mate in our animal kingdom. Off with it! Or style it. It's the new law.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...style it. One problem with all this trimming and styling--razor burn. Bleh. No fun at all, but it's a necessary evil when you don't want someone looking at your parts (waxing) but you plan to wear a swimsuit. Or underwear.

By the way, short hair on guys is infinitely better than long :) Give us some photos!

12:12  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

If what you say is true, nature is giving me a very slow appendectomy. My hair's too long and I'm going on Thursday to have it attended to. Hopefully I won't end up looking like you in the picture. Your ears are huge.

00:52  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Nice allusion there, Grunt. The least said about the rugby player cabbage ears on my avatar the better!

Because Kat asked and Grunt is making people think I'm a freak, I shall break the habit of a blogtime and post a photo of myself here. Albeit one taken on a phone. And "here" really does mean here, hidden in the comments.

16:06  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Errr,... Ummm.. Err.. I don't mean to offend, but you say you've had another inch trimmed off your back? Good God, how long does hair on your back grow?

You're definitely a case for evolution though from the sounds of it.

And as for anyone who thinks men should not wear long hair...

here's one without the 32 inches of hair tied back

04:33  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Arthur: I'm sure you're joking but the hair was off the back OF MY HEAD. That's a suspicious mullet in the photo you linked. It's not you, is it??

16:22  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

Marcus: That actually IS the one and only. Granted, it's a few years old, but I haven't changed that much.

And with the exception of taking it all off after the passing of my grandfather, who said repeatedly many years before his passing, "Get a proper haircut" to which I at one time replied, "Over your dead body", it has always been hanging long.

After he passed on, I took it all off. I've been growing it back ever since.

18:12  
Blogger James Lindsay said...

With a beard, I like to go around wearing sandals and robes freaking out Christians who think that because Christ was depicted with long hair in the Rennaisance he must've looked like that 2000 years ago.

It's a hobby, not really anything I take too seriously.

18:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At frickin' last - I found that photo of you. I knew it was in the comments somewhere. I could have just asked, I know, but I thought it wouldn't take me quite so long as it did. [/stalker]

17:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home